Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm A Sucker For Magic Tricks

My youtube channel may be revolving around Penn and Teller's Bullshit! episodes, but when they actually start doing their magic tricks I may as well be an eight year old. Of course I know it's not real, of course I don't need the entertainer to be honest about it to know that (although I do prefer it when they are), but what can I say, I'm a sucker for it and I can never spot the trick. I love it, and like a child I can get lost in the "magic" of it and "pretend" it's real, the way you can get lost in a really good fantasy movie.

I suppose that therefore it's no surprise that when I saw this guy, I was dumbstruck. Not because I think he's actually levitating, obviously (despite the fact that, every time I tell someone about it here, they scoff and say "well you know he's not actually levitating right? Please". No shit!!!! Welcome to Italy). However I do think that he is probably the coolest street mime I have ever seen, and it took me ages to figure out how he does it.




Of course I knew that it had to do with his hand on the staff, because it is his only point of contact with anything that is actually on the ground.

Still, I think it's very clever and my favourite street mime so far. 

What do you think? What's the coolest street mime you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment